Meckle, Bethany



Name: Bethany Meckle

City/State: Fargo, North Dakota

Year of Qualification:  2014, 2015





Why I Love the Bee:
The Bible Bee has been such a great way to grow closer to God through both memorizing (head knowledge) and really understanding (heart knowledge) His Word. I’ve made more lasting friendships through the Bee than possibly anything else!

The Bee is also a great conversation starter. When someone asks me what I’m doing over the summer, I can tell them about the Bee. Or someone might ask me about the cool t-shirt I’m wearing! I had one person even ask to take a picture of the verse on the back so they could look it up when they got home. :)

My Favorite Verse and Why:
My favorite verse is found somewhere between Genesis 1:1 and Revelation 22:21. Seriously though, I don’t think I can choose a favorite verse - I have too many!!

One that I might choose from this year’s memory passages is Joshua 1:7-9:
Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
This passage speaks to so many things, reminding me to never lose focus on God as well as to always be courageous because God’s with me.

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
The Bible Bee is an amazing event that will really draw kids and their families closer to each other and to God. I’ve been memorizing Scripture since before I could even read, but for a while the memory work (and even my personal devotions) was something I did so I could check it off my list. But after becoming a part of the National Bible Bee in 2012, studying and learning God’s word became something I did because I wanted to know more about God, not just because Mom told me to do it.

I also love the friendly competition in the Bee, but even if someone doesn’t have a competitive spirit, they can still learn so much from the studies and benefit from the friendships they’ll make both at the local and national levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!