Name: Brittany Tegethoff
City/State: Bloomingdale, Michigan
Years of Qualification: 2009, 2010, 2011
Why I Love the Bee:
I love the Bible Bee for the many Scripture verses it has motivated me to learn and the friends I have made through participating in it.
How the Bible Bee has Benefited Me in My Adult Life:
The Bible Bee gave me a great foundation of God’s Word. I daily read or hear verses that I learned from my time in the Bible Bee. It is great to have a foundation that is eternal and true!
My Favorite Verse and Why:
Isaiah 12:1-6:
And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.I love this chapter as it reminds me of the character of God and what He has done for us. The Lord is our salvation. He comforts us. He is the Holy One of Israel. The Lord is my strength, song, and salvation. He is worthy of our praise and exaltation. Worship Him!Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
The Bible Bee stretches a person, especially during the autumn months. I love memorizing and I have learned Bible verses for many years, yet it wasn’t until I participated in the Bible Bee that I learned hundreds of verses word perfectly in a few months’ time. The human mind is capable of a lot. Sometimes it takes the weight of outside pressure on our lives before we maximize our time, learning, and skills. The competition aspect of the Bible Bee pushed me to know sizable amounts of Scripture well. The extensive, challenging Bible learning I received through the Bible Bee taught me more about God and Christ, equipped me with verses to share with others, and filled my mind with Scriptural truths.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!