Grant, Hannah



Name:  Hannah Grant

Hosts: Joanna and Janelle Grove

City/State:  Unspecified  




Why I Love the Bee:  
Well, you want me to give you a whole list of reasons?  1) Because I love Bible Bee.  2) Because now I love the Bible, mostly, because of Bible Bee.  3) Because I love Bible Bee.

Enough silliness.  I think the main reason is that there’s not too many other things that you can do that are such a good use of your time.  In twenty years, you’re not going to remember what grade you got on a test.  However, in twenty years, Lord-willing, you will still have that deep love of God’s Word that has been, mainly “grown” by the Bible Bee, and how you had the privilege of digging deeper into it. And, even if you’ve aged out of the Bee, you still have that privilege, praise God!
Another reason is that it’s such a good way to bring Christ into the conversation.  Whether you’re wearing your BB shirt, and somebody sees the verse on the back of it, or somebody asks you, “What do you like to do in your spare time?” there are so many opportunities to share the Gospel!

My Favorite Verse and Why: 
There are so many verses that have stood out to be during different periods of my life.  That being said, one that continues to encourage me is Philippians 3:12:
Not that I have already obtained this [the resurrection from the dead] or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own.  
Wow!  Just think about that for a second:  Christ Jesus has saved and redeemed you from all your sin, has chosen you from the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), and has made you His own.  Isn’t that such a comforting thought?  Nothing else matters; no one can take away my salvation.

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:  
Today, I find out that so many people are bored, especially in the summer, and thus waste away their time.  Let me tell you, I do not have the “I’m-bored-problem” and if you do Bible Bee, you have no excuse to be bored.  There’s always more that can be done!  I think that is a good example that even as you get older you have never learned all you can from God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!