Name: Kyle Tappendorf
Hosts: Shad and Alyssa Ciampi
City/State: Phoenix, Arizona
Why I Love the Bee:
I love the Bible Bee for a number of reasons. First, and most importantly, I have grown so much closer to my Lord and Savior through the Bible Bee. The Bible Bee has been a wonderful avenue for spending quality time with the Lord, not only in memorizing the verses, but also in studying the Word and in prayer. God has become so real to me through my time in the Bible Bee. Secondly, I love the Bible Bee because of the serious study of God’s Word it enables me to do. The Sword Study is always a favorite of mine, and the Bible Bee Study Guide this year was excellent too! Finally, I love the Bible Bee because of all the verses I get to learn. I definitely wouldn’t have the motivation to learn that many verses if it weren’t for the Bible Bee.
My Favorite Verse and Why:
My favorite verse from the Bible is...all of them! Well, I really do love the whole Bible, but one particular passage that is definitely one of my favorites is Psalm 19. The chapter starts out by recognizing God’s handiwork in Creation and wisdom in planning out how the universe works. And then, the part of the chapter that I like best: the verses that talk about the benefits of the Word of God. Psalm 19:7-10 says:
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold.Don’t these verses put a great desire in your heart to know the Word of God and to make it a priority? I also really like the last verses in the chapter (11-14) which go like this:
Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
I’ll keep my answer to this question concise: the Bible Bee will change your life!
1.
You’ll grow closer to Jesus, becoming more conformed to
His image each day.
2.
You’ll grow closer to your family, putting Christ at
the center of your relationships.
3.
You’ll experience a greater desire for God’s Word.
4.
Most likely, you’ll make some lifelong friends from
around the country.

Congratulations, Kyle! May you grow richly through this dedicated time in the living Word!
ReplyDelete