Name: Heidi Floyd
Host: Mark Swaim
City/State: Bath, PA
Why I Love the Bible Bee:
Every year I try to think of how to best say all the reasons why I love the Bible Bee. God has used the Bible Bee mightily in my life for seven years so far, and I love it because each year I hide more and more of God’s Word in my heart that I might not sin against Him. After quite a few years at Nationals, the verses that I’ve learned have finally started to catch up with me! The Holy Spirit brings to mind all that Jesus told me and I can better help others by giving them God’s Word instead of my own. I say, “Lord, teach me to pray,” and He does! My focus is shifted from myself and I’m reminded to give to God what is God’s. I’m thankful for getting to know the Bible so much better, and how all the books connect with and complement other books. All these blessings and more come from having His Word in my heart. And I probably wouldn’t even know a hundred without the Bible Bee.
Another beautiful thing about Bible Bee is that we meet others who will be a godly influence on us for years to come, and friendships that last outside of Nationals. Whereas you may not have those kinds of people around you wherever you live, when you come to Nationals it all is different. You guys are my best friends! If the Lord wills, I will live and go to San Antonio to see you all again!
My Favorite Verse and Why:
I don’t have ONE favorite, you know, but I absolutely love Psalm 40 because of David’s trust in God in the face of waiting and destruction. It is a powerful song that shows “Who have I in heaven but You?” and is always what I turn to when I need to quote something.
Why I Would Encourage Others To Get Involved:
Work hard, know God, make friends, be blessed!

Congratulations, Heidi, on qualifying for Nationals again this year! I pray that your time in Colossians brings much encouragement to your heart, enrichment to your life, and growth to your spiritual walk. Keep faithfully pressing in to know our blessed Savior better. Looking forward to seeing you this November!
ReplyDeleteWith love,
Kristin
Congratulations, Heidi!!! Great job!!!! I can't wait to see you in TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! =D
ReplyDelete