Alessio, Lucy


Name: Lucy Alessio

City/State:  Oakland, Michigan

Years of Qualification:  2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013


Why I Love the Bee:
I love the Bible Bee because it is an opportunity to get to know God through His Word. It's not just a competition, an exercise for your brain, or a great place to connect with other believers. It is all of these things, absolutely! But most importantly, it encourages us to draw close to God through His beautiful revelation, His Word. And each experience that I had during the Bible Bee, difficult or joyful, was a chance to lean on God more and delight in Him more fully.

How the Bible Bee has Benefited Me in My Adult Life:
Well, perhaps the most obvious answer is that I still keep in touch with many of the wonderful Christian friends that I made at the Bible Bee! These precious relationships are God's gift and have been very encouraging to me. Also, the verses that I studied still come to mind often to convict, uplift and inspire me. My general Bible knowledge was very much broadened - I'm now familiar with key passages, different themes and important cross references in the Bible. The lessons that I learned and the Scripture that I memorized during my Bible Bee years have stuck with me. I never want to forget them!

My Favorite Verse and Why:
My favorite verse is Psalm 16:11:
You will show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy. At your right hand are pleasures for evermore.
 I love this verse because it reminds me that all true pleasure and all true joy is to be found in the presence of God. I don't need to look to this world to be satisfied. Yahweh is truly my "exceeding great reward."

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
The experience in God's Word is amazing. The Word is living and life-giving. When we are immersed in it, God uses it to renew our minds and wash away the lies of the world that we are bombarded with every day. Also, the atmosphere is God-honoring and full of Christian love! I have met so many sweet Christians through the Bible Bee. At the competition and throughout the year, people are mutually lifting one another up and encouraging one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!