Name: Anna Floyd
City/State: Bath, PA
Years of Qualification: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Why I Love the Bee:
Participating in the Bible Bee showed me what it means for believers to have no other desire than to glorify God, regardless of who wins the competition. It never ceases to encourage and challenge me when I see “winners” giving God all the glory as He deserves, and everyone else truly rejoicing with them. Even better, from an alumna’s perspective, is that the best parts of Bible Bee -- the deeper knowledge of God and the absolutely amazing friends from around the country -- have no age limit!
How the Bible Bee has Benefited Me in My Adult Life:
Besides helping me learn excellent study habits, God used the Bible Bee to develop in me a love for Him and His Word. In my years since becoming an alumna, this love has remained, and I can truly say that memorizing and studying Scripture is still one of my favorite “hobbies”. The verses I learned for Bible Bee gave me a solid foundation of truth, a comprehensive Christian worldview which enabled me to discern truth from error in my college studies. For the 2017-2018 school year, I will be teaching history, worldview, and Bible at a local Christian high school, so now I get to pass on what I learned - from Assyrian history (remember 612 BC?) to Who God is.
My Favorite Verse and Why:
There are so many verses that have encouraged me over the years, but Psalm 78:4 remains as my life purpose:
“We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done.”
(Yes, I learned this verse back when I used NIV 1984 and have not yet re-memorized it!)
Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
I have never regretted any time I spent memorizing God’s Word, and you won’t either! If you approach it with a humble spirit, depending on God to teach you and lead you in the way you should go, you will be amazed at what He will do in your life.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!