Pentimone, Carissa


Name: Carissa Pentimone

City/State: Kansas City, MO

Years of Qualification: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016


Why I Love the Bible Bee:
There are so many reasons why I like the National Bible Bee. It has been such a blessing to me and so life-changing. One main reason why I like the NBB is because it has increased my knowledge and love for God. I have learned *so much* Scripture throughout my years in the NBB. I've spent hours and hours in the Word of God memorizing and studying it. Not only do I have many passages hidden in my heart, but I have learned more of who God is. I've seen more of His attributes and characteristics. I've seen how He has worked throughout all of history. I've seen how He is working in my own life.

How the Bible Bee has Benefited Me in My Adult Life:
Well, I'm just barely an adult, but there have been numerous ways that the Bible Bee has benefited me. Through the Bible Bee I've learned how to study God's Word in-depth. I no longer just want to read the Bible, I want to dig into it and find the treasures hidden in it. It's made me realize that with God I can do things that I thought were impossible. But most importantly, through the Bible Bee, my love for God has grown. Nothing can ever separate me from His love.

My Favorite Verse and Why:
A passage that is one of my favorites is Hebrews 12:1-3:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured from sinners such hostility against Himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted." 

This is a favorite passage of mine for multiple reasons - The reminder of the witnesses, the challenge to lay aside the weight and sin and distraction, the challenge to run with endurance, the example of Jesus. I'm not going to go into each one, but this passage is such a rich one.

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
I feel repetitive, but there are so many reasons why I would encourage involvement in the NBB. It is such a life-changing experience. It is such a blessing. It is a training ground for life. You spend so much time in the Word hiding it in your heart. You learn more of God. You learn that you can do anything in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!