Name: Kristin Renfer
City/State: Ferndale, California
Years of Qualification: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Why I Love the Bee:
As a contestant since its inception, I’ve watched over the years as Bible Bee has touched the lives of thousands of young people; effectively molding, shaping, and preserving a strong, godly remnant in this generation. I have been so blessed to be a part and product of Bible Bee which has been a tool God has used in my life to draw me closer to Himself. Through the inductive studies of the various books over the years and the memorization of His Word, I’ve developed a deep and personal relationship with my Lord and Savior. Furthermore, the National Bible Bee has given me a love and hunger to be in God’s living and active Word all the time and not just during competition. The hours spent with God and His Guidebook are never in vain, and through them I have made the Christian faith my own and not merely the beliefs of my parents.
How the Bible Bee has Benefitted Me in My Adult Life:
As I look around at my fellow peers, I watch as they flounder for life purpose and direction. It’s always a big question for young adults, “What are you going to do with your life?”, and many times we don’t know how to answer. However, through the relationship I have with my Abba Father, who holds the universe and the future firmly in His hands, and the familiarity I have with His Word which Bible Bee has played a big role in developing, I am confident of where God is calling me and that in the center of His will is the safest place to be. Right now, the divine Master has me in worship, youth ministry, devotional writing, and has filled me with a life calling and passion to encourage and exhort believers of all ages in their walk with God. I am so grateful for the Bible Bee and how God has used it in my life to cause me to fall in love with Him, the Lover of my soul, and with His Word. And now, as I go forth in my adult life, I know He is the One who will never change and that I can trust Him to faithfully lead me through life’s journey. I look forward to seeing what other things God has in my future, things for which He has planned and prepared me for, because following the Lord and His will is always an amazing adventure!
My Favorite Verse and Why:
The passage that has ministered to me over the years is Hebrews 12:1-3 (NIV 1984):
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.Our life is a race, and these verses remind me that in order to win we need to throw off everything that would slow us down: sin, selfishness, pride, etc. The world is full of so many distractions and burdens that can weigh us down and cause us to become weary and lose heart. But by fixing our eyes upon Jesus and remembering the suffering He joyfully endured for our sakes, we will be encouraged, strengthened, motivated, and reminded to run in such a way as to win!
Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
God has called each of us to be “prophets” to our generation—those who speak His Word in season and out of season, whether young or old. We are chosen and called by the Lord to be His servants in His unfolding story and marvelous work here on planet earth. However, we must be prepared and equipped for the tasks He has for us. Our book of guidance and training is the Bible, but we must accurately divide it in order to receive its instruction. And this is why I would encourage you to get involved in the Bible Bee, because this competition is teaching young people and giving them the tools they need to correctly divide the Word of Truth.
The National Bible Bee is one of the tools God has used to transform my life and draw me into closer fellowship with Him, and our faithful God can use it in your life too if you will only open your heart to Him, being pliable and moldable clay in His loving hands! So get involved and prepare your heart for the work the Master Potter wants to do within you!

THANK YOU, DEAR KRISTIN, for encouraging many others to participate in the National Bible Bee, for encouraging others to grow closer to the Lord, and for being a blessing to many people and especially for being a blessing for our Lord.
ReplyDeleteThrough the years that we have known you, you have been a blessing to us. You are a blessing on this earth and you will be a blessing to your Creator throughout eternity.
"Delight yourself also in the Lord; and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; Trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37: 4, 5
"Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever." Daniel 12: 3
May many others also come to know our Savior Jesus as Lord because of your life and testimony.
God Bless You.
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! They richly blessed me and refreshed my spirit. To God be all the glory, great things He has done in and through this earthen vessel!
Delete"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." ~II Corinthians 4:7
"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!" ~Psalm 115:1
You've been an inspiration and encouragement to me all the years that I have known you! Continue to allow God to work through and in you as His earthen vessel!
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone! Your joy is so beautiful and encouraging! Thank you so much for all your emails! :)
Delete-Bethany C.