Moss, Joy



Name: Joy Moss

Host: George Moss

City/State: Bells, Tennessee




Why I Love the Bee:
The Bible Bee has many great perks (wonderful friends, free t-shirts, study resources, etc.), but they are all just the cake that makes the icing taste that much better.  I'm an icing lover, and while I'll never turn down the cake, I'm really just eating it for the icing.  Excuse the lousy metaphor, but that's the way I feel about Bible Bee--whatever "side effects" come with it, the ultimate treasure is God's Word hidden in my heart and the training so that I can continue to let His Word dwell in me richly throughout my adult life.

My Favorite Verse and Why:
I like to say that my favorite verse is Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21.  However, one of my favorite verses from Bible Bee 2015 is Acts 4:12:
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.  
There is only one name--Jesus' name--by which we can be saved.  If it was not for His glorious name, we would have to receive the payment for our sins, but through God in Christ Jesus we have been set free from sin and have becomes slaves of God (Romans 6:22-23).  Yes, there is no other name...but thanks be to God who has given us that name and made us His own!

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
Spending the last four summers in the Scriptures has prepared me for my life as a Christian adult.  I want to continue to study, memorize, and apply God's Word and encourage others to do the same.  So what are you waiting for?  Grab your Bible and dive in!  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!