Neill, Kayley



Name: Kayley Neill

Host:  Jimmy Youngblood

City/State:  Katy, Texas




Why I Love the Bee:
Participating in the Bible Bee is not necessary to grow closer to Christ, but exposure to His word is, and that's what Bible Bee gave me. Previously I was just reading when I read my Bible. I gained tools and friends that encouraged me to study and memorize. Once you begin to know God you want to know Him more. Yes, there are days when I just feel like I'm doing work, but other times I can see exactly what God has to say about what's going on in my life, and that's amazing. I think God has used the Bible Bee to show me His love, and I'm forever grateful!

My Favorite Verse and Why:
One of the most encouraging passages (ironically I've never memorized it for Bible Bee) is Hebrews 12:1-3:
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
It is particularly effective to read with ch. 11. Living with faith is difficult, but these verses remind us to stay focus on Jesus who suffered with us in mind,  that we are not alone, and that, like with Jesus, there is great joy at the end of our journeys.

(There happens to be a great Marty Goetz song taken from it, "Let Us Run")

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
For the reasons I love being involved! But no matter how much or little you are involved, I hope you experience the encouragement, fellowship, and love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!