"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." ~Proverbs 27:17
Cooksey, Bethany
Name: Bethany Cooksey
Host: Amanda Davis
City/State: McMinnville, Oregon
Why I Love the Bee:
Wow, where do I start? I love the Bible Bee so much! It has REALLY impacted my life and helped me to grow closer to God. Every year I am amazed at how much I learn! Bible Bee is a great way to get me memorizing and studying the Bible even more than I ever would have before. It also encourages me to keep on being in the Word even when it's not Bible Bee season.
My Favorite Verse and Why:
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14) I really love this verse! It humbles me to use it in my prayers and helps me to remember that I’m not entitled to anything from God, but I’m indebted to Him.
Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
Bible Bee does a good job of helping us all learn from the Bible and not just certain personality types or people with past experience or whatever. Bible Bee tailors to how much you think you can do, and pushes you gently to do more! If you want to Wade In, then wade. If you want to Dive In, dive! If you want to make it to Nationals or the Game Show, then try even harder. Bible Bee helps it to be fun and not too overwhelming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!