Chew, Everett



Name: Everett Chew

Host: Mong-Tham Khuzadi

City/State: La Palma, California




Why I Love the Bee: 
There are so many reasons why I love the Bible Bee, but first and foremost, it helps me to spend time in God’s Word and draw closer to Him. It’s easy for me to get caught up in the world and even good things like academic work or other activities. But nothing is as important as learning what God has to say to you; the Bible is beyond comparison. The Bible Bee is great because it motivates me to study Scripture, not just superficially, but on a much deeper level, allowing God’s Words to really convict and “pierce to the division of soul and of spirit.” The second reason is the encouragement, support, and pure awesomeness of the community of Bible Bee-ers. I am constantly encouraged by others participating in the Bible Bee and reminded to “seek the things above” and not worry about my rank or anything. Through the fellowship at Nationals and online communities, I have developed great friendships with others, and to me Nationals is like a gigantic family reunion! The final reason why I love the Bible Bee is that I gain valuable Bible study skills to help me later in life. Each year I learn from others and find different approaches to studying the Bible. I know that those study methods will prove helpful later down the road in life.

My Favorite Verse and Why: 
My favorite passage from this year’s study is Psalm 139:1-18. It’s a great reminder to me to put my trust in God because of His power and presence. I especially love verses 9-10:
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 
These verses encourage me that God is always near me and directing my path, no matter how much I want to turn from it. The rest of the passage praises the sovereignty of God in all creation, so I’m assured that I’m never alone or beyond His reach.

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved: 
There’s no better way to spend your summer! Digging into the truth of the Bible is the most rewarding experience, and your life will surely be transformed. You’ll learn how to study Scripture, hide verses in your heart, and connect with other Bible-Bee’rs from around the country. Most of all, you will grow spiritually because God has promised good for those who seek Him and His Word.

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:10-11 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!