Name: Anna Moss
Host: George Moss
City/State: Bells, Tennessee
Why I Love the Bible Bee:
I had originally planned to write out my full Bible Bee story, but after I had written a page and a half, and still had quite a ways to go, I decided to keep it shorter :).
In the past three years that I have done Bible Bee, God has really changed my heart about Scripture memory and study. I used to view it as a duty, but now I love it – and not just for the sake of the competition. Yes, I do love the competition, but much more than that, I love the Word of God. When you dig deep into the Bible, you will discover all these amazing truths. You will be amazed at the beauty of the Gospel. And when you begin memorizing, you won’t want to stop. You will want to add it to your daily routine, because it will make such a big difference in each day.
When you’re constantly memorizing and meditating on God’s Word, you will have your mind set on things that are above (Colossians 3:1-4). I have been amazed at how much my thought life has changed since I first began the Bible Bee in 2012. When your mind is full of the Word of God, it will take over the rest of your life. Your sword will be sharp for fighting “against the schemes of the devil” (Ephesians 6:10-18). God’s Word is living and active (Hebrews 4:12). It is transforming a generation.
P. S. I love the Bible Bee so much that I have started a blog where I share tips, study resources, and what God has been teaching me through what I’ve been studying. You can visit my blog at sweeterthanhoneyblog.blogspot.com
My Favorite Verse and Why:
The other day, my daddy asked me if, when I was ever memorizing, I was ever like, “Oh that is really good!” My reply was, “I do that everyday!” I could never choose a favorite verse. However, a special favorite of mine from this year is Psalm 16:
Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight. The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips. The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.There are two main reasons that I like this passage. First of all I like how David says that he has no good apart from the Lord (verse 2). If the verse said, “I have no good”, and then stopped at that, it wouldn’t be very comforting. But it says, “I have no good apart from you.” Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, His righteousness is imputed to those who repent of their sins and trust in Him for salvation. We are now righteous, but only because of the righteousness of Christ!
The other reason that I like this passage is because David proclaims that there is fullness of joy in the presence of God. Recently, God has really been teaching me about how He is my joy. Things of the world may make me happy for a short time, but true joy comes only from the Lord. I am satisfied in Him.
Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
The Bible Bee is a great opportunity! You get to spend the summer studying the Word of God, meeting other Christian families, and preparing for an exciting competition! Why would anyone not want to do the Bible Bee?!

Miss you Anna! Thanks for wishing me happy birthday! It means alot! For certain reasons I'm no longer on mem-----, but I wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and hope to meet you someday! God bless as you continue to study and grow in His word! Hebrews 4:12, "For the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword...." -Joyfully His
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been on Mem----- much recently either (due to Bible Bee, homeschool, and the rest of my life :)), but I've missed you the times that I've been there. Yes, I hope that I can meet you someday -- maybe next year at Nationals! :) May God bless you, too! Keep seeking the Lord! ~Anna
ReplyDeleteHi Anna! Miss you! Wanted to let you know that I pray for you daily and I know you are going to do wonderful at nationals! You have been such an encouragement to me! At the beginning of this year if someone had asked me how many verses I had memorized, I would probally be only able to recite 3 or 4. Through you and several other bible bee'rs, the Lord convicted me that that needed to change. To God be the glory! I now have over 300! God bless you and have fun! P.S Thought you would also like to know that my family is now expecting our 8th child! To God be the glory! Love ya, bye! xD -Joyfully His
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to hear that God is blessing your family with another little one! And congratulations on memorizing over 300 verses! I'm thankful that God has used me to encourage you; to Him be the glory! Thank you for praying for me. I pray that you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).
ReplyDeleteP. S. I thought that you might like to know that some of Nationals will probably be live-streamed. I think that you would enjoy it, especially semis and Finals.