Name: Kara Renfer
Host: Stephanie Renfer
City/State: Ferndale, California
Why I Love the Bee:
The Bible Bee is the tool that God has used in my life to
draw me into a deeper relationship with Him.
Without participating in the Bible Bee, I would definitely not be at the
place I am now spiritually. It has been
so exciting and encouraging to look back since the first year I participated,
and see how I’ve grown and matured in my relationship with God over these past
6 years that I have been involved. Being
immersed in the Bible through memorization and study has not only increased my
knowledge of God, but has also changed me and given me a desire to become more
and more like Christ and to honor Him with my life, thus reaping benefits that
will last forever. I am so grateful to
the Lord for directing me and my sisters (and our entire family as a whole)
into this wonderful program that has played such a huge role in our spiritual
lives. The Bible Bee has also taught me
very good study and memorization tools, which will be useful as I continue to
study the Word of God throughout my entire life. And last but not least (since I’m sure God
wants us to enjoy studying His Word), Bible Bee is FUN! J There are so many fun things about the Bee:
meeting and fellowshipping with like-minded people that value God’s Word,
making forever friends from all over the U.S., having discussions with Bible
Bee friends about what’s being studied, and the competition! I know, the competition is the nerve-racking
part…but it really is fun, and without it, I definitely would not have
memorized so many verses nor studied a passage/book so in-depth (and I’m sure
others would agree with me J)! Because of
our human nature, the competition aspect makes us go farther than we would’ve
ever had without it! But even though
Bible Bee is fun, encouraging, and motivates me to attain more than I ever
thought was possible, the most important thing is that it has given me tools to
study God’s Word and has deepened my relationship with Him, which is what
matters the most and will last forever!
My Favorite Verse and Why:
Like many Bible Bee participants, I do not have one favorite
verse. However, one of the verses from
this year’s National passages that I have really enjoyed is Isaiah 6:1-5 (ESV):
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said, “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!”
The great and awesome majesty and
glory of God—the King, the Lord of hosts—really popped out at me in these
verses, and I really enjoy reciting this passage with drama, enthusiasm, and
expressiveness.
Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
Christian young people in this present age need to have the
correct skills in order to deeply study the Eternal Word, rightly dividing it,
and using it as the light and lamp for their feet/lives in this corrupt world.
(Psalm 119:105) If Christians know the
Word of God well, they will not so easily fall into ungodliness and the
temptations of the world. The Bible Bee
will help you to do this, by getting you into studying and memorizing the Bible
in a deep and fun way. And, because you
are memorizing and inductively studying the Active and Living Word of God, you
will be thus transformed and changed, and will gain a deeper knowledge of and
relationship with the Triune God. You
will also obtain the tools you need to fight the good fight, take hold of the
eternal life, finish the race, and keep the faith that is so crucial for your
eternal destination. (1 Timothy 6:12 & 2 Timothy 4:7)
So, will you join me, as together we store up God’s Word in
our hearts and minds in order that we may follow in the footsteps of our Lord
and Savior, Jesus Christ? Let us equip
ourselves for action to defend the truth of Jesus against the Evil One, the
deceiver of the whole world, wielding the Sword of the Spirit, which is the
Word of God! But how can we use our
Great Sword, unless we study and deeply know it?
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."~ Hebrews 4:12

Your diligence and time investment in studying and memorizing God's Word is inspiring. May the Lord speak to you richly as you prioritize time in His Word. Delight in Him!
ReplyDelete"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5
Kara, keep fighting the good fight! You are an encouragement! It's great to hear of the benefits of studying and knowing God's Word. In spite of the hard work preparing for the Bible Bee, you are still having fun and that is wonderful! May the joy of the Lord be your strength always!
ReplyDeleteOh, Kara! I praise God that you know the value of God's Word. May God's blessing remain on you and your sisters and parents as you continue on this journey. Much love to you from Elk Grove.
ReplyDelete