Name: Nathaniel Schweitzer
Hosts: Robert and Lisa Watt
City/State: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Why I Love the Bee:
The Bible Bee has been one of those catalysts that God has used in my life for spiritual growth. From doing it last year, God pushed me to dig deeper into the Bible for myself, and to love it. And not just the Bible, but God has been nurturing in me a delight for journaling, expository sermons, rich music, and theological books. This has been so good, and it will get even better.
Hearing others' passionately and eagerly proclaim his words is a refreshing wind. The value of meditating on and thinking through His Words specifically has also been something I've come to enjoy, as a result of this passion to learn! The Bible Bee has been one of the reasons behind the growth God’s given me.
Being with other people who love the Scripture and enjoy God is also an exciting part of being in the National Bible Bee!
My Favorite Verse and Why:
Here's a recurring line among several fellow Bible Bee-ers: “How can I have a single, favorite verse?” All of the Bible is good and healthful and sweet to the soul! But, here’s a great verse I want to be thinking on, Matthew 7:13–14:
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.Key point I'm thinking I need to dwell on -
That God's Kingdom is something worth struggling for. Jesus is worthy to be valued highly in life! His Kingdom is not nominal or insignificant or subject to our wishes, but life-changing, forever-lasting in the worship and worth of Jesus, and immovably, sovereignly ruled by our God!
Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
Get involved, because after all these years, God brought me to love the Bible and deeper thinking. The Bible tells us the truth about God and life, so don't ignore it. Dig into the specifics of it! Listen to others expound the depths of it (John Piper has been a great help to my soul there).
Do you want to know God enough to spend time and struggle? Open your Bible. Pore over it. Pray to God about it.
So, I would encourage you to get involved, because of how impactful The National Bible Bee has been in my own life!
Visit my Google+ account here to read more about me and my Bible Bee experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!