Russell, Kate


Name:  Kate Russell

Host: Bob and Jeanette Boulware

City/State:  Westchester, California


Why I Love the Bee:
I love the Bible Bee because it has caused me to know and understand God’s Word better than I ever would have. I have deepened my relationship with God through it, and have grown to love every verse I have read and learned. Also, the competition itself is very fun, and getting to study God’s word with friends is one of the best parts. I always look forward to the start of Bible Bee every year!

My Favorite Verse and Why:
This is such a hard question to answer because I love so many verses, but I especially love Psalm 73:25-26:
Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.
This verse speaks to me because Jesus is better than anything else I could want. He strengthens my heart, and He is what I desire.

Why I Would Encourage Others to Get Involved:
THE BIBLE BEE IS SO FUN!!! It is a great way to deepen your relationship with God, study the Bible, and meet wonderful friends!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kate! I seriously can NOT wait to see you (except I need to study some more before nationals!) and I hope you're enjoying this precious time of study. I remember all the fun we've had and can't wait to have some more. :)

    Praying for you! God bless you, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see you too, Bethany! Though I also worry about study time becoming shorter and shorter. I am truly enjoying deepening my relationship with God and learning more about him through the study, and I hope you are too! :) I will never forget the juvenile great white shark... I laugh at the thought. :D

      Delete

If you would like to leave an encouraging message for the contestant, feel free to do so in the comment box!